Veterinary Careers in Evanston
Are you interested in having a career in veterinary medicine? If you’d like to be a part of our team, see our available job positions below.
To apply, email your resume and answers to our application questions (listed below job description) to: email@example.com
Veterinary Technician (Part-Time/Full-Time)
Fox Animal Hospital is searching for a dedicated, part-time or full-time Veterinary Technician to join our growing team. We’re an AAHA-accredited, small animal practice focused on providing outstanding care to our patients while also creating lasting relationships with our clients. The ideal candidate is a team player who shares our philosophy of exceptional client service and patient care.
Our facility is both family-friendly and state-of-the-art, with digital radiography, digital dental radiography, therapeutic laser, and in-house laboratory equipment. We have been serving the Northshore Chicago suburb of Evanston since 1998 and have since built a reputation of being client-focused and dedicated to personalized, compassionate treatment for every pet we meet.
We support our hard-working team members with:
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental benefits
- CE allowance
- Paid vacation
- A family-friendly atmosphere
The Veterinary Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the DVM in the exam room
- Gathering health history information from our clients
- Helping to restrain patients
- Placement of IV catheter
- Positioning patients for radiology and proper exposure
- The preparation and reading of cytology tests
- Performing in-house lab tests
- Interpreting urinalysis sediment test results
- Surgical preparation
- Anesthetic monitoring of patients
- Performing dental cleanings
- Monitoring surgery patients in recovery and discharging said patients
- Maintaining general cleanliness and hospital housekeeping
- Having strong communication skills with clients and fellow team members
- Having basic computer skills
- Experience using AllyDVM and Cornerstone (preferred)
- How many years of Veterinary Technician experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Evanston, IL 60201?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations?